Effective immediately, after careful consideration and approval from NASA Headquarters, Ames will transition from Stage 3 to Stage 2 on Monday, Aug. 9. The transition of our center to Stage 2 is based on the successful passing of the Ames Readiness Review that was held on Wednesday, Aug. 4.
Center leadership remains focused on establishing the safest environment possible during this transition as we gradually add more on-site work. During Stage 2 employees can expect:
- The center may increase the on-site population to 50% capacity over the course of Stage 2. However, as we are still limited to 25% capacity for federal facilities, there will not be an immediate change in the on-site work when we enter into Stage 2. Once the capacity limits are adjusted, more employees will be allowed on-site based on organization approvals.
- Employees who must be on-site to perform their work may return on-site with supervisor AND organization director approval and must complete the recently updated COVID-19 Awareness Training.
- All other employees who are able will continue to telework.
- All on-site personnel will continue to adhere to the NASA Ames Face Mask Requirements. All personnel and visitors shall wear a face mask and stay 6 feet apart regardless of vaccination status.
- All on-site personnel will continue to follow all center and facility safety protocol.
- Badges will continue to be scanned at the gate.
If at any time employees eligible to return to work on-site or employees currently working on-site do not feel comfortable conducting on-site work due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact your supervisor about options to address your concerns and work arrangements.
Every effort will be made to provide alternate work arrangements without reservation or reprisal.
Please continue to take care of yourselves, your loved ones, one another, and our community.